Thread: Kenai numbers (people and fish)

Default Kenai numbers (people and fish)

I'm thinking of heading to Kenai tomorrow for dipnetting for the day from the north shore. I can't seem to pull the webcam up but is there anyone down there can say if the beaches are crowded or can I have hope that they are quiet since it's a Tuesday? The numbers give me hope that I will be doing okay fish wise, does that seem like the case?

A friend of mine has been down there fishing the south side since the opening. Small crowds and only a few fish being caught. You might want to wait a while for the fish to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by 907Pilot View Post
    ... I can't seem to pull the webcam up...
    Web cam works with Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, and IE. I cannot get it to work with Chrome.

Fished 6am to around 2pm Monday. 3 people in our group, we got 23 among us on the North side. At or near low tide most were catching fish, then someone turned off the fish valve. Switched to congo and things picked up for those of us on the line for another 30 mins. Folks standing idle just looked on with little to no luck. Overall a lot of work, but the fish are there if you are willing to put in the time. Also give yourself plenty of time for travel to and from, construction going on beyond Turnagain heading south.

Quote Originally Posted by 907Pilot View Post
    I'm thinking of heading to Kenai tomorrow for dipnetting for the day from the north shore. I can't seem to pull the webcam up but is there anyone down there can say if the beaches are crowded or can I have hope that they are quiet since it's a Tuesday? The numbers give me hope that I will be doing okay fish wise, does that seem like the case?
    there were a lot of fish on the beaches last night when the commercial people were getting ready to fish for today. People are saying they were Kasilof fish not Kenai fish I heard dip netting in the Kenai was hot last night on the ebbing tide and could be good right now. Neighbor got 20 in an hour 2 people from a boat around 7 others doing well too I would come just before the weekend or just after the weekend. Commercial canneries are saying they are going to hit the nets on the 18th so they might not get to dip netters until a day maybe 2 days later or more.

Put in two hours on the river tonight from 7-9 boated two fish. Saw maybe three caught...ssslooww
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212