Thread: Vortex Razor

Default Vortex Razor

Well, house got broken into, optics hot jacked But at the same time...Good reason to UPGRADE Problem is I have to do it now, before my goat uhnt in Sept along with replacing some other stuff that got jacked, so no top 3 anytime soon.

I'm not couting rings on rams, mostly bear, deer and goats, if sheep time ever come I'll use that as an excuse to buy another scope.

Looking at Voretx, either the Razor 11-33x50 or the Viper HD 15-45X60. Thnking that the Razor with the better glass will be the one to go to. Anyone using either of these?
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

We have had Viper for a few years now and are happy with it, but a lot of people have recommended the Razor as a step up. I hear they're a bit better at low light than the Vipers. Buy the best and you only cry once.

Cameraland is having a huge sale right now. Until the 20th of this month I think.

Definitely your best bet at getting a great deal.

I have the 48x version. Awesome glass and great field of view. Easy to look through for long periods of time. However it is extremely heavy.

The little Razor is awesome for its size and is better than the Viper. For all of Alaska hunting I would bite the bullet and go with the Razor 65.

Best of luck and sorry about your breakin.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

I had a pair of Viper binos that were stolen from my truck last year. They were great binos for the price, but the Razors I replaced them with are significantley better. More than worth the additional expense.

Well, they are being shipped. Went with the Razor 65 scope and Viper HD 8x42 binos. Should be here Monday.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I went with the Razor 16-48-65 and love it. I would like the smaller, lighter one, but the extra 12 power & larger objective is a lot more useful to me. The largest one (20-60-85) was just too much in weight & price for me. I would rather have a straight one for packing prepossess, but the angled is much easier on the neck.

I went with the 20-60x85 and it is pretty good. Heavy. Haven't used it much. Also went with the 12x50 razor bino's and love them.

Oh, and sorry to hear about your break-in. A few years ago there were a few guys breaking into the cabins where I live. It sucks when these things happen. I had to introduced them to my 45-70 & the State Troopers. Needless to say, they were not happy AT ALL!!!