I recently picked up a 2015 Sportsman 570 X2. Over all its a great machine but I was having an issue with excessive heat from the exhaust. It would go so hot under the seat that the plastic would get soft causing the seat pegs to get soft and the seat would slide out. Worrying about the seat falling off is a real buzkill while riding.

A little reading on the net seems to confirm that the 570 suffer from excessive exhaust heat. The going fix for this issue was header wrapping the exhaust and applying heat reflective tape to the under side of the seat, fuel tank, and side panels.

I picked up some 1” header wrap but was unable to find a peice of reflective tape big enough for the seat base locally. I wrapped the exhuast from the motor to the muffler and sealed the wrap with high temp silcone paint. I was talking to HP polaris abut the issue and they recomended trying the broken peg repair kit made for the ranger seats. I was able to make the repair kit work by cutting the original pegs off and drilling a hold large enough to push the threaded aluminum peg thru. I cut a small window in the plastic below the peg just large enough to put a washer and nut with box end wrench, approximately 3/4”. To help stiffen up the seat plastic I rivited a strip of 1/8” aluminum 1.5” wide and 10” long. This covered the window cut out of the seat material and kept the rear of the seat rigid reguardless of temperature.

Took it out and ran it pretty hard for about 3 hours tonight and no shifting seat. It still got quite hot but the aluminum strip seems to keep the rear of the seat rigid and the oversized aluminum pegs fit nice and snug. I’m going to order some foil heat reflective tape and put it on the seat and fuel tank, figure it cant’ hurt.