Thread: Fishing around July 15th

Default Fishing around July 15th

I've got a few days off next week (July 14-16) and the family wants to go camping and fishing. Any recommendations on where we might be able to go and hook into some salmon? I was thinking about the Klutina, but the reports say it's slacking off. We've got a place we can go to on the lower Kenai (Big Eddy area) but people are saying it's slow there too. We live in the Valley and I wouldn't mind finding someplace closer but I'm just not sure where. Thanks!

Fish should be in the Kenai by then in good enough numbers that you won't get skunked.

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking we'll just head down there. We've got a place to stay and hopefully the Sockeye will start picking up by then.

I hope they're in tomorrow since I uncharacteristically took a day off work to fish.

Silver fishing on the Parks opens tomorrow morning at 12:00 am! Anyone else excited?

Anything in Montana creek yet?
    Fished it once mid August and all I got was pretty dead chum

Would really like any info for fishing down in that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

too early Ring for silvers imho!

The parks should be seeing pinks and chums by now. I will say this, I've made many runs to fish chums off the tal and off the parks, if catching is your game you'll have a blast doing it!

The klutina is always hit and miss.....put your time in, you can be done in 30 minutes but you might have to fish 5 hours before you hit a decent run of fish! The problem with the klutina is this and the fact you're commited to just this or running to valdez for stinky pinkies YUCK!!!! The gulkana has reds as well but for whatever reason they are much harder to flip for, or at least were for me years ago, I need to retest those waters, never do for whatever reason for reds anyways.

If you want meat, I'd run to the kenai and either hit the lower kenai or kasilof if the kenai isn't panning out. At least you have two options going this route....and of course if all else fails go find that 20lb bow in the lower kenai....that alone should get your hair standing to attention!