Thread: Zucchini blight??

Default Zucchini blight??

Couple of my plants in one container are just turning yellow, then edges are curling and going brown. Fruits and flowers are not doing much. New leaves are emerging green but one is starting to turn also. Tried to post a picture but can't seem to from my phone. I whacked off all the affected leaves (doesn't leave much) but I'm thinking about just pulling that container out. I don't see any critters buy my eyes aren't the best. Also the main stem seems pretty thin and whisky. Any advice?

Without seeing the plant my guess is either not enough water, too much water, or poor nutrients. Poor nutrients being the very least likely scenario.

I've never had a zucchini suffer from disease. May be just dumb luck I suppose.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

How big is the container? Zucchini are big plants, I imagine they need big pots if container grown. The ones I grow outside typically get out of hand and we end up with far more zucchini than anyone should have to deal with.

Black 40 gallon drum cut in half lengthwise with a lot of drainage holes cut, I mixed fish fert. With dirt when I planted.

Yellow usually means over water, but not always.
    also might need some plant food.
    With this weather, they should be growing like crazy.

Could be that type of plant.
    I have 2 yellow squash with yellow leaves,

Thanks. I have some yellow squash also whose leaves are tinting yellow. These leaves went to curled up yellow and DRY brown dead, I put some plant food on what's left. My other squash ARE going to town so I guess losing these two won't be a total disaster. Wish I could post the picture