Thread: #1 question from the women in my family when booking a fishing trip

Default #1 question from the women in my family when booking a fishing trip

"Do they have a hairdryer there?"

Yes, this is the #1 question from all the women in my family when I'm booking a place for us to stay at in Alaska. Doesn't matter whether it's a lodge, a B&B, a rental house, or a hotel room. Doesn't matter whether it's guided, self-guided, full service, bare bones, etc. The hair dryer is apparently the be-all, end-all as my mom, my sister, my girlfriend, aunt, etc., ALL have asked this for EVERY place we've ever booked.

I only bring this up because the success or failure of our saltwater fishing trips up there apparently hinges on having a hair dryer.

#2 question is "Do they have laundry machines for our clothes there?"

See y'all in Ketchikan real soon!

Most women folk ask if there is a potty on the boat. That is "a real potty not just the #10 can you made me use last time". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by akpolaris View Post
    Most women folk ask if there is a potty on the boat.
    Oh yeah.

Son-in-law is in the final throes of buying a 32-foot Century 3200 with twin 250's. Our daughter's only requirement in selecting a boat was a head. Of course, that left lots of wiggle room for the son-in-law when picking his own features!

Ya. normally it's the head that gets asked..
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek View Post
    "Do they have a hairdryer there?"

Yes, this is the #1 question from all the women in my family when I'm booking a place for us to stay at in Alaska. Doesn't matter whether it's a lodge, a B&B, a rental house, or a hotel room. Doesn't matter whether it's guided, self-guided, full service, bare bones, etc. The hair dryer is apparently the be-all, end-all as my mom, my sister, my girlfriend, aunt, etc., ALL have asked this for EVERY place we've ever booked.

I only bring this up because the success or failure of our saltwater fishing trips up there apparently hinges on having a hair dryer.

#2 question is "Do they have laundry machines for our clothes there?"

See y'all in Ketchikan real soon!
    Just tell them no, but you'll buy them a hat instead......

That otta go over like a lead balloon.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Oh yeah.

Son-in-law is in the final throes of buying a 32-foot Century 3200 with twin 250's. Our daughter's only requirement in selecting a boat was a head. Of course, that left lots of wiggle room for the son-in-law when picking his own features!
    Uh-oh.... Trouble in paradise. Son-in-law took our daughter down for a test ride, and she questions the adequacy of the head for her needs....

Some things a guy ought never do!!!!!!!

She needs a 5gal bucket instead of the #10 can??? bad question to have to ask.

Ummmmm..... Asked that many times over the last 45 years, with the responses more and more pointed each time. Heck, when she was a kid we even had to put a window in the outhouse because it was too dark in there! Yeah, she's our daughter all right, but our son-in-law married her!

The funny thing is that the womenfolk in my family are ok with a 5 gallon bucket & a $5 snap-on toilet seat while out on the boat. But there durned well better be a hairdryer when we get back to shore.