Thread: Self Guided Kodiak Deer Hunt with lodge/boat service

Default Self Guided Kodiak Deer Hunt with lodge/boat service

Looking to maybe do a November Kodiak deer hunt with my 11 year old daughter. Looking for a lodge type setting with drop off and pick up service. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Call Jeff at KodiakCombos, my wife and I had an awesome time. The Lodge was amazing and Mr Jeff put us in an area where there was deer and goats. Plus we got to do some fishing.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I have stayed with Larry Carol at Kodiak Adventures Lodge, nice set up and great oppurtunities. Enjoyed it enough that I'm heading back this fall.

Thank you for the recommendations. Has anyone stayed at Zachary Bay Lodge? Again, thanks for reading and providing any information.

Jeff down in Old Harbor. Kodiak Combos. Great guy, and on days when you can't or don't wana do deer, kings, BIG kings.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

I have a friend who has been using Zachar Bay Lodge for several years he likes it. I have used Kodiak Charters out of Larson bay myself for several years and I am satisfied with their service.

I went to Zachar Bay for several years. The family that runs the place (The Eatons) are a great bunch of folks. They cater to fishermen during this time of year then switch over to hunting in the fall. They provide cabins that are heated (oil stove), gas oven/stove, and electricity. You are responsible for bringing and cooking your own meals. The cabins have everything you need for cooking.

There is a shower house and bathroom with flushing toilet just down a small hill from the cabins. They offer boat rides to anywhere you want to go in the bay for an additional charge. Or, you can walk up the mountain behind the cabins and look for deer.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

There is a lodge in Kiliuda bay as well, pretty much most of the same services you see at the other lodges. You have a chance at some goats in there as well as long as you go to Old Harbor to pick up your tags in person.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by Boater View Post
    I went to Zachar Bay for several years. The family that runs the place (The Eatons) are a great bunch of folks. They cater to fishermen during this time of year then switch over to hunting in the fall. They provide cabins that are heated (oil stove), gas oven/stove, and electricity. You are responsible for bringing and cooking your own meals. The cabins have everything you need for cooking.

There is a shower house and bathroom with flushing toilet just down a small hill from the cabins. They offer boat rides to anywhere you want to go in the bay for an additional charge. Or, you can walk up the mountain behind the cabins and look for deer.

PM me if you have any specific questions.
    Oh yeah, you can go after goats in Zachar as well. We've seen them many times from the dock at the cannery. I know in the past, the lodge issued the registration permits right there so you didn't have to go anywhere else to get those.