Thread: Hope pink status

Default Hope pink status

One of my favorite times of year is to take my daughter down to Hope and nail pinks. It's the right combination of plentiful fish, safe river conditions and close to home.

Does anybody have any Intel to 2015 on if they are beginning to show up just yet?

(I have to admit it is fun fishing right beside her, even for pinks)

We have them scheduled for July 18, 2015

Fantastic! I scheduled some kings on Ship Creek for June 14, but they claimed they never got my Google invite.

We'll keep an eye out later in the month though.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    We have them scheduled for July 18, 2015
    I used a groupon for an arrival of pinks on the 17th
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Well, we went to Hope today. The pinks are in there. They're not stacked up really tight, but if you know how to flip, you can hit a lot of fish. The problem is, it wasn't super full, and the kids that were there were having difficulty getting out and down to the fish. So, if you're interested in getting the kids on fish easy, I'd wait a week maybe, and they should be in there thicker, and easier for the kids.

We always schedule the Hope, AK. Super Wagon Run and Mother of all Festivals for the third weekend in July. We then schedule the Pink Salmon to arrive in massive numbers at about that time. July 18 & 19 is big party time (HOPE DAYS FESTIVAL) in the most awesome place to live and/or retire. NOTE: Black Bears are everywhere, and the season is open.

Quote Originally Posted by Generok View Post
    Well, we went to Hope today. The pinks are in there. They're not stacked up really tight, but if you know how to flip, you can hit a lot of fish. The problem is, it wasn't super full, and the kids that were there were having difficulty getting out and down to the fish. So, if you're interested in getting the kids on fish easy, I'd wait a week maybe, and they should be in there thicker, and easier for the kids.

How long does the pink run usually last at Hope? Into August?

Coming up from AZ every year, we always take our newbies down to Hope to teach them the art of flipping and other fishing stuff. For us veteran AK visitors, we hold a "snoopy" pole competition. Kids poles, straight out of the packs from Wallyworld. No mods, no line change, add a fly and wt and go to town right out of the box. If you have never seen the smile on a grown man that is catching salmon on a batman pole made for kids, you are missing out. We slay em and it is a ton of fun! At the end of our competition, we give the poles away to the kids roaming the area..... After seeing us pull in salmon on em, they love em! Kinda pisses off some of the other dudes out there with their $500 rigs striking out but such is life.

Tight lines!

How long does this run last?