Thread: Sag River Launch Condition

Default Sag River Launch Condition

Does anyone have any updates on what the launch looks like after all the flooding?

I drove down there last week as I was on the slope for a couple of days. The flooding didn't do much damage in that area. You could still drive out like always and the creek you normally cross was almost dried up. I do think something may have happened up the channel farther as I don't think I have seen the water that low before in that channel. Unless your running an airboat you aren't going anywhere I don't think. I should have snapped a few pictures for the forum but it is insanely low.

Going back up in a couple of weeks. If you remind me I will report back what we see. The road and all the parking is unchanged. I had hopes of maybe running my Predator up there but there is just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by AKCarl View Post
    Does anyone have any updates on what the launch looks like after all the flooding?
    The flooding damage was confined to the first several miles right out of Deadhorse. The rest of the road was in the same condition as usual. I was up and down the road over the July 4 weekend. The road and launch are in great shape. The river flow is on the low side of normal, but there would have been no problem floating it at the level on the the 4th.

I was hoping to take the jet boat up next month. Just hoping the launch isn't drying up like the old one did.

Planning on taking my Jet Ranger up there in September to attempt to get up the Ivishak. Does anyone know if there was flooding in any of the tributaries of the Sag? Ivishak or the Lupine?

Anyone have any updates from being up there?