Thread: July 12-14 trip

Default July 12-14 trip

Looking at driving down Sun the 12th. Fishing the 13th likely. Trying to read the Miles Lake escapement chart to get an idea on run strength for the 12-14. We use a 4 wheeler and dip off the trail. We like Haley area generally.
    I see that escapements hugely different between the North and South banks. How does this play into fish numbers on each side of the river as they get into the personal use area above Haley Cr.?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I have never really noticed a difference from one side to the other. It always seems like the people on the other side are doing better than me no matter what side I am on.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Last post was not JR2 I was logged into the wrong account.

Check the schedule. ADF&G website says the fishery is closed on the 13th and won't open until the 14th at noon.

I believe its a long ways from miles lake to the fishing area...I might be wrong but I think it makes no difference....I don't think they always stay on one side the river or the other...all the way up...I would not be surprised if they lifted that order for being close the short time because of the large escapement...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lausdeo1611 View Post
    Check the schedule. ADF&G website says the fishery is closed on the 13th and won't open until the 14th at noon.
    Which website says that? Just called Glenallen office and they say opens at 12:01 am on the 13th.
    My trip is down the tubes if we can't fish on the 13th.

Check this website. http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...itina.schedule
    Also, pay attention to the Emergency Orders. They will release one sometime this week with any schedule amendments for next week.
    Romans 10:9
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I hope the schedule gets amended because I am trying to get down there next week as well.
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

I hope the schedule gets amended because I am trying to get down there next week as well.
    Just talked to Mark, who I think is the fishery manager................EO tomorrow that will open fishery 12:01 am on the 13th and go for 2 weeks. Fish numbers are good. 1 King per permit still.

If that is indeed the case, I plan on heading down on Sun night or Mon (early AM) for a couple of days (or until done).

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Just talked to Mark, who I think is the fishery manager................EO tomorrow that will open fishery 12:01 am on the 13th and go for 2 weeks. Fish numbers are good. 1 King per permit still.
    Schedule is at http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...itina.schedule
    Closed Sunday midnight until Tuesday noon as it stands now.

Monday, July 6, 12:00 PM Sunday, July 12, 11:59 PM 156 NO
    Tuesday, July 14, 12:00 PM Sunday, July 19, 11:59 PM 132 NO

Schedule has officially been amended. Fishing is open on Monday. No closures at all next week.

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=2138

Schedule has officially been amended.
    http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=2138
    Roger that, and thanks much.