Thread: Dip netting Kenai 16 or 18 July

Default Dip netting Kenai 16 or 18 July

Good evening,

i was was wondering if anyone had a spot for my dad and I on either date. We will split your gas costs and throw in some money for getting us around on those days. Please message me at puckett526@gmail.com if you are able to assist. If you know of any charters with open dates, I will take that info as well.

Thank you for your time.
    justin

You could try mark at akxpeditions. He may have an opening.

I did try AKxpeditions. They are booked up for those days. Thank you for helping.

I found a company named Bear Boat Rentals that will have boats on the Kenai during this time frame. I rented a boat from him for $150 a day. Just wanted to pass on the info.

I rented a boat from them summer before last. Yamaha went into safe mode twice on me: once after snagging a rock with a net and doing a quick 180 to save the net, and the other time doing a full power turn at the top of the drift.

First time we had to pray our way up and across the river because we were at the bottom of the drift on the west side.

Second time we were able to easily get back because we were above the fish wheels.

Mind you, that was three years ago and that was the Copper. Owner said he' d never had that problem on the Kenai.

Sent from my S50 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the info. Fortunately the Kenai is not near as treacherous as the Copper!