Thread: Fishing near Talkeetna ?

Default Fishing near Talkeetna ?

I'm going to Talkeetna July 11-12 and was wondering what kind of bank fishing I could do? Can I catch some chum or kings from shore and where? How about fishing for rainbows nearby? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    I'm going to Talkeetna July 11-12 and was wondering what kind of bank fishing I could do? Can I catch some chum or kings from shore and where? How about fishing for rainbows nearby? Thanks.
    Montana Creek gets both chums & kings (C&R only for the kings) and has good populations of rainbows. I'd also check into a jet boat trip to Clear Creek as it also has very good fishing for all 3 species mentioned. There are a couple of guide/outfitter operations(along the Spur road, as you come into town) that offer the boat taxis to Clear Creek. If I had a full day to fish (and the $65-$75 to spend) I'd go to Clear Creek.
    Check the regs & EO's - I think all king fishing along the Susitna is C&R - with the exception of the Deshka.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Montana Creek gets both chums & kings (C&R only for the kings) and has good populations of rainbows. I'd also check into a jet boat trip to Clear Creek as it also has very good fishing for all 3 species mentioned. There are a couple of guide/outfitter operations(along the Spur road, as you come into town) that offer the boat taxis to Clear Creek. If I had a full day to fish (and the $65-$75 to spend) I'd go to Clear Creek.
    Check the regs & EO's - I think all king fishing along the Susitna is C&R - with the exception of the Deshka.
    All parks highway streams from willow creek north to the big su bridge will be closed to all fishing below the highway bridges. Upstream of the highway bridges it is single hook artificial lure only catch and release only fishing for all species.
    Please do not disturb spawning kings. We need every fish possible to spawn successfully.

Release Lake Trout

Thanks guys