Thread: Anyone taking advantage of Kasilof sox?

Default Anyone taking advantage of Kasilof sox?

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=2132

KASILOF RIVER DIPNETTING AREA EXPANDED; SPORT FISHING BAG AND POSSESSION LIMITS INCREASED
    Due to a strong return of sockeye salmon into the Kasilof River, emergency orders have been issued to liberalize the Kasilof River personal use and sport fisheries, effective 12:01 a.m., Wednesday, July 1, 2015, through 11:59 p.m., Friday, August 7, 2015.
    In the Kasilof River sockeye salmon sport fishery, the bag and possession limit is increased to six (6) per day, and twelve (12) in possession, effective 12:01 a.m., Wednesday, July 1 through 11:59 p.m., Friday, August 7, 2015.
    Personal use dipnetting from the shore is allowed in an expanded area from ADF&G markers on the Cook Inlet beaches upstream to the Sterling Highway Bridge. Dipnetting from a boat is allowed from ADF&G markers located on the Cook Inlet beaches upstream to ADF&G markers at approximately river mile 3.
    No king salmon may be kept in the Kasilof River personal use salmon fishery. Any king salmon, Dolly Varden, or rainbow/steelhead trout caught while dipnetting must be released immediately. Only Alaskan residents who hold a valid sport fishing license, PID or DAV and a dipnet permit may participate in personal use fisheries.
    The optimal escapement goal on the Kasilof River is 160,000-390,000 sockeye salmon. As of June 29, a total of 139,266 sockeye salmon have passed the Kasilof River sonar site. The current escapement level of sockeye salmon into the Kasilof River is proceeding at a rate that is projected to exceed the optimal escapement goal.

For additional information on the Kasilof River personal use fishery, please read pages 14 - 17 of the Southcentral Alaska Sport Fishing Regulation Summary or call the Anchorage dipnetting hotline at (907) 267-2512.

"Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I used to every year but now living in Delta thats a haul. I miss that river. Beautiful and quiet.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Was down weekend before this one on the upper river.
    Fishing was slow but we picked up 3 of them and lost some others. Tons of dollies as well.
    Nautilus circle hooks worked great for me.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"