Thread: Bulge pump heads up

Default Bulge pump heads up

If you havenít tested your bulge pump to make sure they work on auto you should. I heard about a guy that keep hearing his pump turning on. Remove a couple of panels and found a 3/8 inch hole cause by corrosion. It was a trailer boat.

I wired a pizo buzzer in line on mine so that I get an alarm when (if) they go on. I had one go off this year and stopped immediately to see what was going on. Apparently I did not do a good enough job winterizing things, and an inline filter for seawater had a cracked housing. Fortunately the builder was smart enough to mount this above waterline, so the only time it leaked was when the toilet was flushing. It was still working, but letting about half of the water go into the middle hull section. Easy fix, and probably would not have been a big problem, but I would not have heard the bilge running to know there was a problem.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

I installed a bilge pump counter to the regular bilge this year, really nice to have real tabs on how often that pump kicks on. Clues you in if something is off, I wired a buzzer to the high water bilge, I really want to know if that kicks on.

Charterboat Operator kodiakcombo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    If you havenít tested your bulge pump to make sure they work on auto you should. I heard about a guy that keep hearing his pump turning on. Remove a couple of panels and found a 3/8 inch hole cause by corrosion. It was a trailer boat.
    Great post! Don't know how to give points or whatever. I have a red light and between watching engine temp, oil pressure, drive temp, and logs plus looking for fish the bilge is always a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
    www.kodiakcombos.com