Thread: Christmas in July

Default Christmas in July

A local man called me this morning and it seems he and his bride have been bitten by the camper bug. He wanted to know if I wanted to buy any guns. I said no, I don't shoot all the ones that I have now. I only balked because the guy on the other end was the local Bucky Waters and he has a brother just like him( if you don't know Bucky Waters then you need to read Warren Troys "Trails" a must read for every Alaskan)Of course I then asked him what he had....what would you all do, tell him to go away not knowing? Any way he showed up 15 minutes later in his brand new freshly painted camper pulling 1988 3/4 ton GMC/383 stroker and all pick em up truck....I heard him coming 10 minutes before he got there and I don't hear well. He had bunches of nice guns to sell and when he pulled out a like new in the box Ruger SS MKII 5 inch bull barrel 22 target pistol with a couple of spare mags 'n said you can have it for 3 hunert........well, I wet myself just a tiny little bit. This particular guy has never offered anyone a deal in his life and he loves to charge old ladies $40 bucks for snow removal jobs that should be half that so it didn't bother me none that he was oblivious to it's worth. I had to latch onto his Ruger. Besides I have been wanting one of these SS MKIIs badly for .......well for 2 years ever since I badly regretted selling this very pistol to his brother who would absolutely not take no for an answer for $550.00

Don't chya love it. Once in a while a good'n that got away comes back but I can't remember one that's ever left me smiling like this one! Knowing these brothers is half the story. Neither one has ever been dirty, tired or hungry and the world is theirs for the taking except for when they overspend their allowance..........I only wish I talked him down $25 or so. HA! Wait till his brother finds out.....YEE HAW....did I mention that I'm having a good day!

You are Living the Dream EKC - perhaps you should start a pawn store!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Good deal, I once moved the same Ruger stainless single six three times and finaly gave it to a friend as the profit off it was moving me into a higher tax bracket.First trade was for a new in the box colt stainless 1911 in 89 stright up.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Good deal, I once moved the same Ruger stainless single six three times and finaly gave it to a friend as the profit off it was moving me into a higher tax bracket.First trade was for a new in the box colt stainless 1911 in 89 stright up.
    Every once in a while an unreal gun trade pops up, but I'm usually somewhere else when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    You are Living the Dream EKC - perhaps you should start a pawn store!
    If you saw the stuff that my wife and four grown and married kids put in my garage you'd know that we already have the inventory for a pawn shop. I'm fixen to do something drastic with most of it one day soon. Like take it to Alaska and give it to the Alaskan Bush Family. Their is probably a set of rifle sights in that mess somewhere. But then the one Brown boy kills deer 100 yards off with no sights or scope. He's good!