Thread: Couple shots from last weekend

Default Couple shots from last weekend

Video to come shortly. Man what a great trip!

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff

Holy crap Charlie, thats a lot of fish!!
    Nice pics.
    Bk

Dude, you are killing me. This past weekend was awesome. Until I saw your pics! Haha. Good on you. The weather was gracious. Thats a lot of flesh to eat and clean. I lost a hog at the end of the trip, but after I got home and was cleaning and packaging the bounty I didn't realize how lucky I was that it got away. Enjoy and good job to you.

Did you leave any for the rest of us? Holy cow! What a haul. Can't wait for the video.

yeah its the longliners that are catching all "our" halibut, they need to be restricted. Sorry Charlie i couldn't help myself .

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by AK2AZ View Post
    Video to come shortly. Man what a great trip!
    And the slime be a flowin'...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It was a 5 hour cleaning process for the group and we ended up with roughly 1,000#s for 8 people that weekend. We had just enough room to keep it all cold and was promptly vacuum packed and frozen the day of the return...yet another workout. All involved got their seasons worth and are thrilled to have had the opportunity to make the long trek and experience wide open fishing. I think we burned a little over $3,000 in fuel and travelled almost 300 miles...and the weather was just stupid nice. The tough part is going through all of the video and pictures. We had 3 go pros going from all angles as well as a professional photographer and about 6 other cameras going. Tony Davis (Kodiak Custom) was running his movie camera as well so I can bet when he releases another DVD that this footage will be there. I may be able to get a 10 or 15 minute video together this weekend if I can concentrate on it that long. The largest fishes were in the 100-120# category but most were 40#s or more...7 total shooters one day. And for those that are wondering we did release many between 80-100#s and were thrilled to do so. All fish were caught on jigs from Kodiak Custom and Roust-A-Bout Lure Company. Chris would have enjoyed seeing one of the fish that got his vertical jig stuck sideways in his mouth and was landed that way without a hook in him...was crazy. Heck of a trip for sure!

Heavy Hitter Fishing

My very first fishing trip on the ocean in Alaska yielded almost the same amount of fish in one day's charter trip. There were 9 of us and 3 were kids at the time. We had 646 pounds of fillets. Fished the south east side of montegue. The old salts and the captain told us we would never see another day like that - and so far, I have not! We killed 4 fish just over 100 pounds with the biggest at 130 and also limited on Ling and rockfish too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    My very first fishing trip on the ocean in Alaska yielded almost the same amount of fish in one day's charter trip. There were 9 of us and 3 were kids at the time. We had 646 pounds of fillets. Fished the south east side of montegue. The old salts and the captain told us we would never see another day like that - and so far, I have not! We killed 4 fish just over 100 pounds with the biggest at 130 and also limited on Ling and rockfish too.
    Must have been awesome! Our Halibut filet total was 1,000#s...roughly 2,500#s total weight for everything....and you're right...I don't expect it to happen again this year because we have all we need for sure. Well maybe a big batch of Silvers cause the kids like the Salmon.

Heavy Hitter Fishing

That first pic....that is just disgusting...you don't know where that jig has been! Just kidding..

Awesome Hauling, guys. The videos are always great, too.

Amazing pile of halibut.

I'm proud to have been anchored next to you guys and had the best day of our fishing life. Our biggest was 141. Doubt we will get back there again this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Awesome job! can't wait to see the video!
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Awesome job! can't wait to see the video!
    Wait for it...wait for it....

OK...posting a new thread now...

Heavy Hitter Fishing

Insane!!!!!! Epic!!!