Thread: Deep Creek locations

Default Deep Creek locations

Wishful thinking but,,,,,, I am looking for some new fishing hole suggestions out of Deep Creek. I have always gone south down by Happy Valley but always wondered if there were any good holes North out of Deep Creek!

If you are wondering, then head north and try it. For me, part of the fun of halibut fishing is finding my own good fishing holes
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

they all look the same to me out there, look for other people fishing an an give it a try that is what I did when I was doing
    PS not to close , SID

We used to run to the South end of Kaligan Island and do okay. There is a marker bouy and we fished by the bouy.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

A chart is your friend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always fish out of Anchor river now because I really didn't like running south all the time from Deep Ck and then all the way back. I either launch out of the river itself, or if the tide is too low launch out off the beach. Good hard gravel bottom there.......can't say that for Deep Ck. Used to get skunked a few times out of Deep Ck. but never out of Anchor River. I've got a nice hole n/w of the Anchor but it's 9 miles out. Last time out I was heading for there but really didn't want to go out that far. Stopped and anchored up at 60' but got no bites. Didn't wait long and pulled up and moved out to 90'. Lot's o' fish there...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I tried a couple place northwest of Deep Creek, both locations looked good on the chart but turned out to be sand and we only caught sharks. Moved south and picked up our limit of little guys before the wind picked up. I will try Anchor Point next trip!!

John (JR2),

Besides the 250, 245 and 217 we caught up there do you remember all of the dogfish and skates also. I need to make my annual trip to the Honeyhole again. Maybe the dogfish are gone.

Dad

Try the 3 mile bump area west of Ninilchik. Some pretty good stucture there for a close in spot.