Thread: Remington 572 Ejector Problem

Default Remington 572 Ejector Problem

Gun is about 5 years old, about 200 rounds through it. Started having ejection issues, cleaned the gun, shot a few rounds then the pump wouldn't function. Took rifle apart, found pin that holds extractors had come loose and one extractor had fallen out. Is the pin suppose to be friction fit our peined in place?

Slip fit, not staked.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Ok, thank you. I guess I need a new roll pin.

Its not a roll pin, it is solid. Remington part #19822. You will have to remove the firing pin to get to the other side of it. And by the way, that is the Extractor, not the ejector.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Thanks for the clarification on the part names. I'm no gun smith, just tinkering.

Any thoughts on why the pin came loose?

I managed to get it reassembled with the old pin, kind of a pain with the firing pin in the way. I don't have the proper punch to remove the firing pin. Maybe a nail will work, might be too soft though.

Just to clarify I do plan on getting a new pin.