Thread: Puritan/Purinton Creek conditions

Default Puritan/Purinton Creek conditions

Has anyone been out to Puritan creek this year? I have been reading through old threads from 5-10 years ago and it seems there are some huge mud holes and bogs that need to be crossed. There was also talk of repair but no resolution. I have a new Honda Rancher and don't want to drown in if I can help it. But I hear this is one of the best trails. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

As with a lot of other trails, it has been a while since we have been on this one also. However, last year, one of the 4 wheeling groups spent a good deal of time working on this trail. From what I have been told they did a good job. After leaving the parking lot, there is a good climb up the ridge and the big mud hole on the trail is considerably better. Then the trail is good for several miles until you get to where the trail, shirts the edge of the mountain. Here one needs to work through the mud/rocks and then on to the creek. As long as the water is low, one can run up the creek for several miles. There are some really nice camp spots along this trail and some nice places to take a break. Be sure to have the camera as there is always a good chance of seeing wildlife.
    I would sure like to make a day trip that direction, but I do not think that it is in the cards.

They built a bridge over the nasty swamp last summer, way nicer, no getting stuck even in a stock pickup until the mountain. Not one of the ghetto bridges either, a real pressure treated lumber one with all the fancys and even signs on it.

Just did this ride...trails are in great condition.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhook57 View Post
    They built a bridge over the nasty swamp last summer, way nicer, no getting stuck even in a stock pickup until the mountain. Not one of the ghetto bridges either, a real pressure treated lumber one with all the fancys and even signs on it.
    Yup, Thanks to the Mat-Su Trails Council and volunteers. The trail is in great shape.