Thread: honda outboard mechanic

Default honda outboard mechanic

Anyone have any suggestions for a dependable Honda outboard (2004 90 hp) service in the Valley (preferred), or Anchorage? Looking for dependable tune-up and maintenance-not in a rush. Thanks.

jay Kim has a ad on craigslist, he's the most knowledgable person I have spoke with on boat motors.

Dealt with Kim in the past-he's honest and knowledgeable...thought he had closed shop up completely. Thanks for the heads-up that he's still in business.

I have two of these motors (the carb models, not the newer efi model). If you have the older BF90 you can service it all by yourself with a service manual this motor is a cinch to work on. But I also now how nice it is to drop your boat off at the shop...

If she is reliable, then change the filter, oil, lower unit oil, water pump impeller, and plugs. Then run some SeaFoam though her, and always use the Blue marine/ethanol Stabil fuel treatment in your tanks.

The more complicated maintenance are valve adjustments (not that often with carb model), timing belt replacement is very easy, and carb syncing (rare). Shift and throttle cable adjustments are also better left to a shop.

Sobie2

Thanks....

Looking for Jay Kim's ad, is he the mobile mechanic?