Thread: Kenai Sockeye/Trout float

Default Kenai Sockeye/Trout float

Sister in law is coming into town today. Neither her nor wife are fishers, but they want to get out and try. Neither have any gear or experience, so I'm thinking about a guided float down the Kenai on Saturday. How is it fishing for sockeye? I've only fished for trout before on it. Is it decent right now or are they all heading up the Russian already? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by a2thak View Post
    Sister in law is coming into town today. Neither her nor wife are fishers, but they want to get out and try. Neither have any gear or experience, so I'm thinking about a guided float down the Kenai on Saturday. How is it fishing for sockeye? I've only fished for trout before on it. Is it decent right now or are they all heading up the Russian already? Thanks.
    Just got a call from a buddy of mine that took a guided trip today. Sportsman to Jim's. One angler 14 reds hooked. 4 landed. Monday on the same trip 4 fish hooked, none landed. So they are available, but it can be hit and miss and not the super crazy fast action.

Thanks for the info. I ended up booking a trip. The float alone will be pretty cool for them, hopefully we catch some fish as well.

I can give you the name of a great guide.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.