Thread: Driving to Fairbanks

Default Driving to Fairbanks

I'll be driving up to Fairbanks from the Seattle Area with the plan to arrive on September 1st. We are coming up for our 2nd float hunt, (link to our first: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...at-hunt-report).
    Driving an F350 and towing a small trailer, I will have some space if anyone needs anything brought up.

I might take you up on that offer....email is akdan76@yahoo.com

if you need anything on my end holler.

Dan

Not sure if people are still desperate for .22 ammo. Might be able to pay your way up hauling up bricks of .22

The worse part of the drive will be the border crossing out of Washington...I avoid the one north of Seattle whenever possible. Any other crossing is preferable to me.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

We're all geared up and ready to go, ended up purchasing all of our rafts and gear we rented last time from BMR since he's out of business. got a great deal. Thanks Moose!
    Our plan was to haul all of our meat home ( driving pretty much straight thru back to Seattle area) shifting the meat between large tuna kill bags, coolers and the small freezer we have in the back of the truck. doesn't sound like it is will be much fun. doing a search of earlier posts on this topic, members suggested getting it blast frozen before heading south. anyone have any suggestions to where to get this done?
    We are getting off the river early on the 15th with the plan of heading south on the 16th, If I could find a place that could just store the quarters/ribs in a walk in freezer overnight that would make the trip easier and safer with the meat. if anyone know of a place to do this, then I would just skip hauling the freezer up and just make a giant cooler in the truck bed with 2' R rated insulation foam. I would pay for overnight storage.
    we had our meat processed in Fairbanks on our last trip and for one moose it cost 900$ to process and about 500$ for shipping. if we are blessed enough to get a couple of moose this trip, that cost gets big quick. Since we are already driving up to bring the raft gear home I would rather save that shipping cost and bring meat home.
    Thanks in advance,

Eric

I have a Large Walk in Freezer that you can store your meat.

It stays at 8 below Zero so over night will definitely help the meat.

Call us in advance to make arrangements.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

Quote Originally Posted by protaxidermy View Post
    I have a Large Walk in Freezer that you can store your meat.

It stays at 8 below Zero so over night will definitely help the meat.

Call us in advance to make arrangements.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936
    Awesome! Thanks. I will give you a call to make arrangements and discuss compensation.

Or you can Email us at protaxidermy1@gmail.com

RJ & Teresa Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!