Thread: Russian River hours

Default Russian River hours

Is the Russian River open to fishing 24 hours again? If so when do the bears fish? I thought it was closed 11:00 PM to 6:00AM to head off bear problems.

Never the case. And the Bears are always there most of the time they are watching you when you don't even know it

Sent while partying
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

But in all fairness, I seem to see more brown bears from 6pm-6am on the river

Its 24 hrs. Usually I see the bears around 11pm and 6am but that doesnt mean they arent always there as kwackkillncrew has stated. I had one walk up right behind me as I crossed the river in the middle of the day before.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

The bears show up when they're hungry. That would be breakfast lunch and dinner.

Fished with the Bears many times too. Maybe it's just the second run. The river was closed for a few years 11:00 to 6:00 after a bad mauling. People waited at the top of the stairs until 6:00 AM. Made sense at the time.

I think the ferry runs on those hours, so that could be what you are thinking of.

WOW - Time flys, it was an EO in 2006. Any bear issues so far this year?

You sure are worried about bears!

I heard there are some bears in the area

Sent while partying
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Saw a small blackie on the Russian a couple days ago. Didn't bother anyone, just walking the opposite bank down by the cottonwood hole.

I saw the same bear friday, she was a cutie and scampered up a tree right behind me. Not much of a luck charm as we stopped catching fish in that hole once she showed up!

Not worried about bears, just find them interesting. Some years ago a guy shot a sow brownie on the Russian. Her two yearling cubs hung around for two years. A sow and boar. The boar "Gimpy" got into someone's tackle bow and the F & G had to tranquilizer him and get the hooks out of his paw. They were fun to watch and keep track of. I think Gimpy got whacked at Gwins for getting in the garbage.