Thread: Susitna/talkeetna Kings?

Default Susitna/talkeetna Kings?

How's the fish numbers looking on the sue and talkeetna/clear creek areas this year?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I fished Willow Creek Monday night. There were lots of fish rolling, but most had lockjaw in the bright sun. Once the angle changed about 10 pm, we caught and released 2. I'd rate it about average for Father's Day weekend, maybe below average.

A friend of mine who lives in Talkeetna said that a big slug of kings were rolling at the mouth of the Talkeetna after that little daylong rainsquall they had around June 12. So I was up there on Sunday the 14th looking for them. I hit every hole on the main river, went several miles up the Clear, walked way in on Fish crk, and spent time at Larsen crk.

NADA..

It was hot weather again that day, the water was lower then normal, still pretty green too. The mouth of Clear is all messed up. Almost un-fishable due to breakup ice or a huge rainstorm last fall, not sure.
    For a nice weekend, other than my boat, maybe 2 other boats went by on the river that day... That's it...
    The Sockeye fire broke out that day too, then had to head back to work 4 days later.
    Haven't been back for a second try.. Maybe next week when I get home.

caught and released 4 today sons friend caught a nice 25+lb and released it up by kroto we were targeting rainbows so it was a heck of a fight on 10lb test and a trout rod but he pulled it off

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."