Thread: Need RV furnace repairmen

Default Need RV furnace repairmen

My 2007 30,000 BTU Suburban Furnace wont start in my RV and Dans Mobile RV Rrepair in Kenai is no longer mobile. If any of you know of any one in the Kenai/Soldotna area that does his sort of work I would appreciate a contact name.

Sorry I can not help you with a name. If you want to try to repair it yourself I suggest the first thing you replace is the thermocouple.

Usually the control board is the problem on these newer units. You can access it from the outside on mine. What are the symptoms? Cycles but fails to light? Circuit board, pull it and have it tested where they sell/repair rv's. Thermo couple is definitely a common culprit as well. Only a few bucks to replace those. It will cycle very similar to a bad board.

I will look into that. I picked up an electrode, or what ever it's called, and a sail switch and the modular board tested ok. Bought a new propane regulator and I am sure it gets plenty of electricity as batteries are charged and tried it with generator running. I looked the model up on the internet to trouble shoot it and I'm more confused. LOL What a pain.

This unit has a $160.00 modular board that tested ok. Had to pull furnace to get to the board. I will call RV place about thermal couple. It won't ignite. It worked when I bought it a couple months ago and ran out of propane. Switched bottles and it worked a couple of hours and quit. Toy hauler is 8 years old with little use.

Call 262-2700, Alaska Recreational and ask Barbara who else does repair. Dan was working up to a month ago...

Pulled the furnace and took it to Dan today. The saga continues, but I should know more in a couple days.

The high limit switch was bad. Cost me 250.00 bucks to get it fixed.