Thread: Campground Etiquette???

Default Campground Etiquette???

Spent the weekend at Moose Pass for the summer solstice festival. Camped at Trail River Campground. One site had people yelling way into the wee hours of the morning. No contact from the 'host' apparently. Seems most people would have enough common courtesy to quiet down after 10:00 or so. But maybe common courtesy isn't so common anymore. Lots of sites had camp fires also. I think when the State got away from using paid employees to using the 'campground host' that things have gone down hill.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I've long noticed the same thing. I prefer not to camp in public campgrounds because they are so noisy. Once upon a time, folks were more considerate and quited down on their own without someone having to tell them to. Campground hosts are all either to old or timid to confront noisy camps but it isn't really surprising when you consider the number of drunken, drugged-up yahoos out there. If I was a retiree working for the summer in return for a campsite, I doubt that I would want to get into a pissing contest with loudmouths either. I just prefer not to be around anyone.

Yeah......public campgrounds have never been for me.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

We just returned from Alaska yesterday. This was our third trip up, the first two by boat and this time by road with a travel trailer. We found a very nice place that was free on the Knik River called the Knik River Public Use Area. Sometime after we turned in for the night, a group of boys arrived and set up camp not to far from us. Then the drinking started along with the loud talking and related noise. Soon they were on their 4 wheelers tearing up the river bar, and then at 2:30am they brought out the guns, and shot up the place for close to an hour. Needless to say it was a little unnerving not knowing which way they were pointing those guns. We still had the truck hitched to the trailer, so we quietly got into the truck and got the hell out of there. The rest of the trip we would only stay in state camp grounds or private RV parks.