Thread: Air Service

Default Air Service

Hello, I new to the forum and hope the is the right place to post this.

I am looking at coming to AK this year on a DIY Caribou hunt. I'm concerned about getting dumped in an unproductive area. Has anybody had any experience with 40 Mile Air or Bushwacker Air? PM if the comments are negative.

I am not set on either of these two transport companies so if you have some suggestions I would be open to those as well. My only stipulation on a hunting area would be that I can purchase an over the counter tag.

Thanks

Have you talked with those air charters that you mentioned? At this time of year it's a good chance they are all but booked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have you talked with those air charters that you mentioned? At this time of year it's a good chance they are all but booked up.
    Well that would put a damper on things. I would have to push my dates to next year.

I flew with 40-Mile Air in 2010, and had a successful hunt. I have nothing but great things to say about their service, and have only heard the same from others that have used their service. I fully plan on using them again, sometime in the future. I have used 70 North, also, but they service a different area. No problem with them on the flight service end, but they could use some improvement on how they schedule and correspond with you leading up to your fly out date. As stated by Matt, I think you will be out of luck at this late date, in securing a fly out for this season. Knute

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteSlayer View Post
    Well that would put a damper on things. I would have to push my dates to next year.
    I would recommend still checking with them, they could have a cancellation or even have an opening.

I've flown with 40 mile air, those guys know that area pretty well and I seriously doubt they'll drop you off in a bad spot. That said, it's likely that they're for sure booked up for the season, you may be able to do a stand-bye thing, but that would probably be pretty hard if you're coming up from AZ. You can always look at hunting the dalton hwy, no need for a fly in there. Just make sure you've got a IBEP cert if you're hunting with a bow, and do some good research if you go at it with a rifle.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

No one has mentioned that most air services will not drop off single hunters. Are you planning on going alone or with a partner ?
    Good luck with your plans.

TOK AIR SERVICE !!!

I flew in with Zack last year & will be again this August.

Cant ask for better service.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    Custom Taxidermy, Experience the difference !!

They will allow for a single on a caribou hunt. A sheep hunt they will not. Thanks

i just flew out with bushwacker air. Great guy and real safe. Had a blast. Resized_20170917_174828_resized.jpg