Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seward silvers

Default Seward silvers

I have heard a rumor of the silvers showing up early in Resurection Bay. Any confirmation?

I have no idea but a few years back I killed a bunch of June 26th.. Go give it a try.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by idakfisher View Post
    I have heard a rumor of the silvers showing up early in Resurection Bay. Any confirmation?
    A Charter operator I know told me he picked up a bunch in Pony Cove Tuesday I believe...

Silvers out of Homer for over a week, but not a bunch just one here and there.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Confirmed. We only got half a limit last week, but limited the boat easily yesterday.

silvers in Seward, around 25 June in Pony cove you can start picking them up , little early for in the bay , good luck SID

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

It's not early...ITS ON!!!! The fish are in the bay, we picked up our last one at Caines Head yesterday

Was in town Saturday but not fishing. Lots of silvers coming in on charters. Many were as big as the halibut they had - which ain't saying much about the halibut.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Passed Pony Cove on our way out around 9:30 am yesterday. Saw 6 boats, mostly charters fishing nothing hot. On return around 12:30 pm there were 1-2 dozen boats around there kind of spread out. Looked like OK fishing. Angler at the fish cleaning station in Seward had caught his limit out there and said it was OK but not hot. I never saw a single jumper the whole time I was out but it was flat calm and the fish were likely running a bit deeper.

Was in Seward a month back and saw jumpers around Rugged Island and some being caught. So yes fish have been around for a while even inside but you will need to know what you're doing to hook up.

They are in. We were at Agnes on Saturday and Pony on Sunday. Hammered the silvers and even a few kings. Both trolling and mooching. Sure was nice to finally get the hang of downriggers without a huge crowd to deal with too. Saw a few boats trolling pretty fast and really hooking up often. I'd say 5mph to our 3. maybe a bit faster. I thought they were crazy but they had more hookups than us.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Thanks for the info. Three of us went out to Pony yesterday. We caught twelve mooching in 4+ hours. Not hot, but ok.

Sorry I didn't post earlier. I went out last Wednesday out of Seward and had a blast. Ended up with two halibut (12 pounds and 134 pounds), 9 silvers, and a load of Rockfish. We caught the silvers just outside of the bay and hammered 9 in less than 30 minutes. Smaller than later in the year but it was a blast. Just mooched with various jigs and it worked well, found a bait ball and it was game on.

AWSOME job. Did you jig the silvers without bait.

I used a banana weight with a green hoochie, the other guy used his rockfish jig, and the other guy was bouncing around trying different gear to experiment. The green hoochie, with no bait, hit the hardest followed quickly by the secret rockfish jig. Most of the strikes were on the initial drop and they were pretty shallow. I found some birds feeding and motored their way and it was good fishing. After that we cruised back into the bay where my buddy hit that 134 pounder (64 inches) on a jig at 250 ft.

I need a bigger boat and that is what it is like at my house

Had a great day at Cheval/Agnes. The afternoon sure turned into a nice one, especially after the weather of the past few days (I'd heard).

Just me and one of my sons, 11 silvers between the two of us in about 6 hours of trolling two rods. We probably could have scratched out that last one, but it was getting late and still had to drive back to Anchorage. Deep sixes, flashers, whole herring probably running down around 20-30 feet deep. Most boats were trolling but those mooching seemed to be doing well, too.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Good news. We are headed down tomorrow afternoon until Sunday. Hope to catch a few silvers, lings and a couple halibut between watching the race in town. Anyone else heading down?
    MMSI# 338232859

I will be down there this weekend as well. Was going to try and make a run out to montague but the weather is not looking good. So might head out west instead. Either way good luck fishing out there.

Landed 6 with two of us in Day Harbor in about an hour fishing one rod on a downrigger with whole herring behind an 11" green flasher and the other half were behind an 11" cop car. Just for fun I switched it up and caught a lunker on a random kwik fish I have behind the cop car. I am limited to how I can fish with the way my boat in configured. Lost a few others and let two go.

Landed the first Ling my boat has seen. I realized that once that sucker is on board I can't fish more more Silvers on my way back to Seward. Glad I read the fine print.

Right on great report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MMSI# 338232859

Three fuys fishing since thursday, 29 silvers, three kings. All but two dish caught on king kandy full herring and king kandy cut plug. Others caught on brads. No fish on hootchies or cut plug herring. 50-70 feet at cheval, pony and fox island. Going to day harbor tomorrow.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast