Thread: Reds on the Klutina??

Default Reds on the Klutina??

I understand the Reds are in strong on the Klutina, but I have yet to see one report on how good fishing is. I did see an Emergency Order upping the limit to 6 fish vice the usual three. Anyone????

Haven't heard. We will be headed to Chitina for the 4th of July, will stop by the Klutina on the way and see how the run is.

Was there this past weekend and it was dead only seen 4 caught sat&sun, decided to dip and got 30 in 4hrs not bad for a 1st timer on the copper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was there this past Sunday and Monday and did not do near as well as the previous weekends. I flipped for nearly 20 hours for a half dozen hookups and just three fish. Most folks had a fish or two but put in extraordinary amounts of time for them. All the campground regulars were struggling too, which is never a good sign. I did see one fish magnet on the Groves CG side get a 6-fish limit, pretty impressive considering the half dozen folks around him only got a few combined. That fella was either extremely lucky or he really knew his business and had them dialed in! In my experience the river really slows down by the Fourth of July weekend when the run appears early, which it did this year.