Thread: Paxon Lake Report:

Default Paxon Lake Report:

Ok guys here we go:

I just returned from a day at the outlet and the fishing was good! I landed a number of lakers at the outlet but that all ended about 11 am. The Lakers took a nap but we hooked lots of fat grayling and a number of white fish. We headed home about 3 pm. Very few rafters which was a bit strange. Water levels were a bit low but I have seen it much lower.

Lines Tight!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals
    907-259-4290

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkana Rafting View Post
    Ok guys here we go:

I just returned from a day at the outlet and the fishing was good! I landed a number of lakers at the outlet but that all ended about 11 am. The Lakers took a nap but we hooked lots of fat grayling and a number of white fish. We headed home about 3 pm. Very few rafters which was a bit strange. Water levels were a bit low but I have seen it much lower.

Lines Tight!

Walt
    Gulkana Raft Rentals
    907-259-4290
    Thanks for the continued reports Walt. I was thinking about heading up there this weekend, but with the recent reports of extreme low water I was a little bit overcautious I guess. I don't want to have to drag my raft through the shallows the first three miles after Paxson Lake and the 8 miles after the Canyon. I'm gonna watch things closely this upcoming week. Weather forecast is calling for some moderate rainfall, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the water will pick up a little. Please keep up the good reports. Very helpful.