Thread: 2015 spring bear activity....

Default 2015 spring bear activity....

Well back in the saddle and was out for two hunts in mid May to early June. Bear activity was bizar to say the least. First hunt we saw around three dozen black bears, and six grizzly. Passed up an opportunity on a sub average grizzly in hopes of finding a bigger one. Temps hit into the high 80's. I saw one boat black bear tail a sow for a short time. Second hunt was last week of May into early June. We saw five black bears (about 20 less than normal) and 6 grizzly. There was zero breeding activity. We killed a seven footer and missed another (2 clients) average bear four times. Don't think shooting at Grizzlies isn't exciting!! Moose numbers are strong. Saw one grizzly hot footing it after a cow with twins. The grizz was winning. Not many caribou calves, but found grizz crap with tiny hooves in it. Had temps once again to into the 80's and then hail and snow in the mountains, then temps in the 80's. Then 40 degree fog and hail...just a crazy spring.
    Blueberry bushes were budding flowers already and the crop looks to be strong this year! Crazy spring, every client had opportunities. It's good to be back!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It will be good to have your reports/stories again!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Great report. Interesting about the hooves in the bear crap. I'll never seen that.

Great report, I have been wondering how your hunts have been going. It does however get me fired up that much more for August 2016. Where are the pictures of the seven footer?

Mike

I haven't figured out how to load pics from my iPhone. I will add them when I get a phone line hooked up to my house!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212