Thread: ATL Fuel Bladders - Hello Alaska!

Sponsor

Thumbs up ATL Fuel Bladders - Hello Alaska!

atl-fuel-bladders-store-homepage-graphic.jpg

Hello Alaska!

As a new sponsor of the Alaska Saltwater Fishing forum, we'd like to quickly introduce ourselves to your community.

For nearly 45 years, Aero Tec Laboratories (ATL) of Ramsey, NJ USA, has been manufacturing flexible bladder-type containment devices for fuel, water, and chemicals. If you are also motor racing enthusiasts, you may already know of ATL, as we are the sole supplier of fuel cell bladders to Formula 1 and are heavily involved in NASCAR as well as grassroots racing around the globe.

For the marine community, we produce fully collapsible above-deck range extension fuel bladders for sport fishing boats and yachts, available in sizes ranging from 25 to 500 gallons. We offer 2 unique "styles" of fuel bladders, one being a traditional "pillow style" and the other being a "space-saving" design called the ATL FueLocker. Each bladder it equipped with a standpipe (fill) that features an anti-backflow valve and pressure relief valve. It will accept any standard refueling nozzle. As for the outlet valve, each bladder comes standard with a 1/2" brass ball-valve that can be upgraded to a 1" for faster flow.

For bladder sizes, dimensions and additional specs, please visit our website by CLICKING HERE

We also just launched an ONLINE STORE.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask or give our Sales Engineers a call at 800-526-5330 or +1-201-825-1400.

Thanks for your time, Alaska!
    - The ATL Fuel Bladder team

What happens when your fillet knife accidentally punctures the bag? Just curious.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

I know lots of guys run these off shore on the east coast, lot that strap them to the bow as well. They run great.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    What happens when your fillet knife accidentally punctures the bag? Just curious.
    My guess is they'd recomend using a cutting board to fillet your fish, not the bladder I believe the bladders are fairly thick and puncture resistant.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wildog View Post
    about the same thing when you check how much gas you have in the tank with a match LOL

I checked with a buddy who uses one. He keeps it in a rigid plastic tote with lid for protection. Meanwhile the tote is a handy table top and place to stow soft objects like ropes and buoys. He has the deck space to manage a tote on deck, and is real pleased with the arrangement. Dunno the details about sizes, but smaller bladders might well fit into some other rigid container for protection.

If I pay 500-1K$ for a fuel bladder you can bet that knives will not get so close as to cut it.

I have a 50 gallon one and it works great. It sucks it's self flat, then I roll it up and put it below deck.

stick them in your fish holds, run on them first on the way to the job site, then fold up and add fish for the trip home.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default ATL Fuel Bladders - Hello Alaska!

I just bought the 25 gallon version. Very happy with it, extended my range to over 275 miles on my 22' Kingfisher. Really opens up the entirety of PWS for us smaller boats. There's no way your going to accidentally rip or puncture this thing unless your careless. I keep it on the bow on the way out, then transfer to my main tank and stow in a duffel bag. Buy the fuel line they offer, very high quality stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words and sharing your experiences... We love the feedback!

And yes... although our bladders are made from a rugged mil-spec fabric, please keep all knives far, far away!

On a more serious note, if for whatever reason you scuff, puncture, or acquire a small slice in your fuel bladder, you can send it back to our factory for a full pressure test and evaluation. In most cases, our fuel bladders can be repaired.

Sounds like there should be an Alaskan discount for all the kind words and patronage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.

have sent a PM to the field rep. on the bladders thanks for your reply that you will send me SID