Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burn Ban FAIL

Supporting Member

I'm expecting more fires to start up before this weather trend changes. Sadly, any fire that is started by humans, will likely be caused by stupidity.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

I heard that some people started a fire in a fire pit at Arc Lake a couple days ago. Folks came up to them and told them there was a burn ban in effect. They said something along the lines of......."This is a fire pit and we're gonna use it."

They called the troopers on them......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    I heard that some people started a fire in a fire pit at Arc Lake a couple days ago. Folks came up to them and told them there was a burn ban in effect. They said something along the lines of......."This is a fire pit and we're gonna use it."

They called the troopers on them......
    That's correct. I know the folks who called them out on it.
    On another not. We camped for the weekend at Trail River Campground near Moose Pass. Many of the sites were sporting camp fires, and even some of the Outdoor Group we traveled with ended up having a fire. We mentioned the burn ban, and were told several times that it did not include fires in fire rings at camp grounds. Don't know who was wrong, them or me, but we DID NOT have a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    That's correct. I know the folks who called them out on it.
    On another not. We camped for the weekend at Trail River Campground near Moose Pass. Many of the sites were sporting camp fires, and even some of the Outdoor Group we traveled with ended up having a fire. We mentioned the burn ban, and were told several times that it did not include fires in fire rings at camp grounds. Don't know who was wrong, them or me, but we DID NOT have a fire.
    Good for you guy's. My understanding is everything but gas barque's.

We headed North, kids had to potty pulled over at the fireworks stand to use ports potty. Guy pulls up and ask why isn't the fireworks stand open. Told him statewide ban on setting them off as well as selling them. His question was where could he buy his fireworks for the 4th. My reply was if you are dumb enough to set off fireworks now, you don't need any!!

He asked so do you know when they will be open?

GOD HELP US!!!

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mhhunter76 View Post
    Good for you guy's. My understanding is everything but gas barque's.

We headed North, kids had to potty pulled over at the fireworks stand to use ports potty. Guy pulls up and ask why isn't the fireworks stand open. Told him statewide ban on setting them off as well as selling them. His question was where could he buy his fireworks for the 4th. My reply was if you are dumb enough to set off fireworks now, you don't need any!!

He asked so do you know when they will be open?

GOD HELP US!!!
    Should be an IQ test to buy them. "Nope, you're way too stupid to own or set off fireworks. Move along. Loser."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12