Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Wild Sheep Foundation Kimber Raffle

Default Alaska Wild Sheep Foundation Kimber Raffle

Alaska Wild Sheep Foundation is holding it's first raffle with limited tickets available.

Kimber Mountain Ascent, .270 Win

If interested, message me or email at aksponsorchair@ymail.com

Cash, Checks or Credit Cards accepted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok guys, and gals, time is running out, if you want to get in on this shoot me a message. Only 350 tickets are being sold, not a lot left.

Haven't heard anything positive about Kimber rifles in this decade. 1911's are a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by PRDATR View Post
    Haven't heard anything positive about Kimber rifles in this decade. 1911's are a whole different story.
    You need to get out more

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    You need to get out more
    No doubt. I'd flip that around. I'd own one of their rifles, but not one of their 1911's.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I own four of their rifles but don't want one of their 1911s......

Recently got same rifle as that being raffled and it shoot 3 shots in .750 with my standard loads for 130 TSX.

Lots of bad reviews out there on Kimber rifles. Lots of good ones too. Everybody on both sides can't all be wrong.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

I don't doubt that Kimber put out some rifles that weren't up to par but more often I find shooters that haven't mastered the shooting of ultralight rifles with pencil thin barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    I don't doubt that Kimber put out some rifles that weren't up to par but more often I find shooters that haven't mastered the shooting of ultralight rifles with pencil thin barrels.
    If that's true, it would be another very compelling reason to avoid them.
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Has the drawing taken place yet?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Still waiting!!!!!!

When I "bought" my tickets, I heard the drawing was going to be Tuesday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Lots of bad reviews out there on Kimber rifles. Lots of good ones too. Everybody on both sides can't all be wrong.
    Hill Country Rifles won't guarantee their accurizing process for Kimbers. I understand because it is related to their barrel quality, some really good - some bad, though I also understand their barrel quality has improved. Also, for some calibers such as the .308 Win, the twist rate was only good for certain bullet weights. For .308 Win the sweet spot seemed to start and end with 150 gr. bullets.

This thread might not be the best place for this,, but whoever wins should know just in case.

Let me first say,, that I'm totally happy with both my Mountain Ascents, I have had to work on both. The 280AI needed the most as I had to polished the follower and blind box to get it to feed right. Both are very accurate, but both would misfire every once in a while and was worst with factory than my handloads. I'm a very precise reloader and it caused me to be very exact. I started neck sizing was able to eliminate the misfires.

I had both these to a gunsmith and had the firing pin depth checked and it was good, we did discover that both firing pin set screws were loose. The other day I tried some factory loads to foul my barrel and again got a misfire. I decide to call Kiimber CS and after a long conversation convinced the rep to let me BUY 2 new springs, just so I could eliminate that as a cause. I did try to buy new ones from WOLF, but the springs they stock fit the regular Montana but are too big in diameter to fit inside the bolt on the MA.

So my new spring from Kimber arrived yesterday and I believe my issue is now resolved. The new springs are over an inch longer and they strike the primer with much more force and I can also tell a difference in the force it takes to recock the bolt.

So a picture is worth a 1000 words. I hope whoever wins gets a good one, but if not don't give up until you try it. They are a lot of rifle for the money when you get a good one.

Primers,, new spring on left and old on the right.

"I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Drawing should take place tonight. I believe I there are about 10 tickets left if anyone wants to squeeze in at the last moment. Can't tell you how many times the last ticket sold has won a raffle.

Quote Originally Posted by ERDucker View Post
    Drawing should take place tonight. I believe I there are about 10 tickets left if anyone wants to squeeze in at the last moment. Can't tell you how many times the last ticket sold has won a raffle.

give me a shout 227-3305 if there is still time left.
    thanks, Carl
    its better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

So who is the winner of the Kimber?!?
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Since I have not received a call, it is NOT me!!!!!

It was me.

JK

Sometimes it amazes me how people's minds work. This raffle was for a cause...complaining about the item being raffled is just silly. Supporting the Sheep foundation is the issue IMHO :-)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast