Thread: Just a reminder for king salmon

Default Just a reminder for king salmon

The kings are finally arriving in the parks highway streams...... Excellent. But do remember they are catch and release only this year and it's not in the regs I don't think...http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=2057

Release Lake Trout

And please remember that it's best for a King ( or any fish ) not to remove it from the water if you intend to release it.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    And please remember that it's best for a King ( or any fish ) not to remove it from the water if you intend to release it.
    Not only best for but in most cases, I believe, it is also illegal to remove from the water if your intention is to release.

IMO it should be an overall catch and release with no harvest anywhere, unless you are hooking a jack. Would be nice to save this resource not only for our future enjoyment but for the next generation as well.

Keep in mind that catching and releasing a king puts a substantial amount of stress on the fish and decreases its chances of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    Keep in mind that catching and releasing a king puts a substantial amount of stress on the fish and decreases its chances of survival.
    True, that. I get guys here giving me crap when I release yellow eyes as well, but released fish have a better chance of survival than the ones in the cooler.
    Life's to short for an ugly boat

Blaze N Abel Charters
    Kodiak, AK
    www.alaska-fish.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlazeNAbelCharters/?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
    First off I agree catching a fish puts stress on it but....no salmon survive fresh water, we just hope they make it to their destination with enough spunk to get their spawn on.