Thread: Gravel pit parking

Default Gravel pit parking

While it might not be for everyone, we stay at several old gravel pits around the State. This last weekend we were at one of these that covers about 50-60 acres and has several good level places to set up in. We were set up in the back and watched several other motor homes, pull behind trailers and pick up campers come in, see us and then turn around and leave. Any in insight on why some of these people do not come on in and set up in these areas? We are not unfriendly and get along with most people. Beside, sometime it is nice to talk with other campers.

Do you smell bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are ya...a fisherman...or a catcherman?

No, but no one got that close. LOL! We were doing some target practice, but that when no one was around!
    Quote Originally Posted by akfisherman View Post
    Do you smell bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people prefer solitude. Maybe they were going to have the place to themselves and turned around when they seen u in there.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

I don't camp by anyone else unless planned with a friend. If someone tries to camp by me I change their mind.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

In this day and age when it's increasingly difficult to not have others crowding you, I'm always thankful when people leave me and my family to camp alone... especially if they have noisy motorized contraptions and loud stereos. I like peace and quiet.

Well to be fair it is gravel pit camping. We alway like to camp in the pits east of eureka rh, usually quite a few people but most are respectfull of others. It's a good place for the little ones to learn to run quads and affords good trail access. Usually to crowded for shooting though.

Agreed, the gravel pits at mile 130 and 132, are good places for families to gather and have fun. These are also not good places to do any target shooting. There are several other gravel pits that offer different levels good back stops for some target shooting. The main thing about a lot of the good gravel pits is that people need to pick up after their selves and not leave a bunch of trash around.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2dawgs View Post
    Well to be fair it is gravel pit camping. We alway like to camp in the pits east of eureka rh, usually quite a few people but most are respectfull of others. It's a good place for the little ones to learn to run quads and affords good trail access. Usually to crowded for shooting though.