Thread: Anchor River makes chinook escapement

Default Anchor River makes chinook escapement

Looks like the anchor made it's escapement and will open up by EO this weekend, now we need to get f&g to reduce saltwater restrictions. A phone call to the Homer Office could help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they will open the salt, Kenai needs kind gs and no way to sort them out. Doubt they will open the river either, upper end is 10k fish and no where near that.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I don't agree with the need to reduce restrictions. Feeder kings have been abundant all winter, spring, and early summer. Let's give the hometown spawners a break
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Charterboat Operator

[QUOTE=hoose35;1485622]I don't agree with the need to reduce restrictions. Feeder kings have been abundant all winter, spring, and early summer. Let's give the hometown spawners a break[/QUOTE

I agree!
    we have turned 10-12 spawners loose so far this spring, several nice kenai kings, love watching them swim away! only 2 missed that were spawners

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    I don't agree with the need to reduce restrictions. Feeder kings have been abundant all winter, spring, and early summer. Let's give the hometown spawners a break
    As much as I love catching feeders I totally agree with this and hope they keep the River closed for Kings.
    Redleader standing by

River will open sorry guys

Just can't help killing them, can we
    Death is like an old whore in a bar--I'll buy her a drink but I won't go upstairs with her.

Default Anchor River makes chinook escapement

I didn't say I would be fishing for them in the river, like the above posters I can be selective in the ocean fishery releasing spawners and bbq feeders

Quote Originally Posted by redleader View Post
    As much as I love catching feeders I totally agree with this and hope they keep the River closed for Kings.
    But, if we aren't allowed to harvest the surplus, aren't you afraid of overescaping the river? Aren't too many fish bad?

I'm being sarcastic with this comment. I'll let the commercial posters on the resource management forum discuss the issues of over escapement...

I could see opening the Anchor River this weekend, they are getting a fantastic return, but I don't see opening the salt up.

They are keeping the two fish overall limit in the salt for now. I am down in Deep Creek now and it's a ghost town. Only one camper in the campground, and no one over at Ninilchik. Doubt many, other than charters, will be hitting the kings much anyway.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

JR2,
    They are opening up the salt for me to fish in. Old guys like boat fishing. Good luck in PWS this weekend.
    JR1 (Dad)