Thread: at least chickens are healthier. LOL

Default at least chickens are healthier. LOL

http://www.adn.com/article/20150609/...ated-anchorage

People of Hope, I hope you can manage your black bears better than Anchorage. Even the ones given to you BY Anchorage. LOL
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I have more problems with wolves and brown bears, than I do with black bears, here in the Hope/Sunrise area.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    http://www.adn.com/article/20150609/...ated-anchorage

People of Hope, I hope you can manage your black bears better than Anchorage. Even the ones given to you BY Anchorage. LOL

"This will be handled like any other black bear situation," he said. "These bears aren't any different than the bears that come out of Chugach forest any other time."

Bull..... There is a big difference between a bear that just happens to stumble upon a bag of trash or somebody's chickens, and a bear that has already started to figure out that people means food....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

And now they have closed a campground down there. LOL.. and guess why? LMAO. The relocated bears have found people! Imagine that. Governor Walker AND ADF&G should have known better.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150613/...rupt-campsites
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

If something is not done soon, it's probably only a matter of time before somebody in the Hope area ends up killing that momma bear, or one of the cubs as they continue to be more and more less afraid of humans. Momma bear is lucky she ain't dead already after the chicken raid.

What a joke this thing is becoming. When they decided to relocate them, why didn't they just take them farther away and release them, rather than drop them off someplace that they probably could already smell people food from......

Ridiculous.....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

[QUOTE=4merguide;1486241]If something is not done soon, it's probably only a matter of time before somebody in the Hope area ends up killing that momma bear, or one of the cubs as they continue to be more and more less afraid of humans. Momma bear is lucky she ain't dead already after the chicken raid.QUOTE]

Call me heartless, but the sooner the better. What a frickin ridiculous deal. Managers of Alaskan wildlife shouldn't give a rip what urban minded, highrise dwellers think about what the best thing is for them. No wait, people like that (shamefully, a large portion of the city I live in) don't even get to the point of thinking about what's best in the human/wildlife scheme that should exist in a unique place like this. They mentally go no further than 'They're so cute and fluffy, OMG don't hurt them!!!' Retards.
    Born in Alaska: The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

Quote Originally Posted by JuliW View Post
    And now they have closed a campground down there. LOL.. and guess why? LMAO. The relocated bears have found people! Imagine that. Governor Walker AND ADF&G should have known better.

http://www.adn.com/article/20150613/...rupt-campsites
    ADF&G knew better, the governor and the public who pressured him did not.

Put them down and donate the meat to charity. Done
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?