Thread: Tritium night sight(s) for SRH

Default Tritium night sight(s) for SRH

I quickly did a search and could not find any maker of tritium sights, front or rear, for a Super Redhawk. Is anyone aware of such a night sight?

I have a tritium front sight on my Glock 17 and it is a fantastic feature. It's benefit to me is not so I can point the gun in the dark. The benefit is to find it in the dark. If I'm out in a tent in the middle of no where and have to grab my gun, I can find it immediately because the tritium front sight is incredibly illuminated in the dark. I toss and turn all night so if I'm awakened in the middle of the night I am disoriented wouldn't have a clue where it is were it not for the tritium sight.

XS Sights.

Note: I am NOT suggesting the Big Dot for you as I have no idea what your application will be. BUT, I run the Big Dot system on all of my AR-15's and AR-10's. If and when I buy a Glock model 40 (new 10mm) I will be putting big dot sights on it. YMMV

http://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8351

Thanks for your quick reply. I should have been more specific about the models I'm looking at. They are the Alaskan and the Toklat both in 454. The Alaskan has a pinned front sight and I think I read the XS front sight is for SRH models that are not pinned.

"Tritium Front, White Stripe Rear, Adjustable Sight Models only, with plunger-syle front, not pinned"

Here's a video of someone installing a front sight on an Alaskan and he taps out the front pin:

Quote Originally Posted by wiiawiwb View Post
    "Tritium Front, White Stripe Rear, Adjustable Sight Models only, with plunger-syle front, not pinned"
    The Toklat doesn't use that sight...........It looks like this..................http://shopruger.com/Super-Redhawk-H...uctinfo/90426/
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Thanks Travelers! I'll look around to see if anyone else makes the three-screw front sight for the RSH.