Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halibut Landing Techniques from a kayak

Quote Originally Posted by Low_Sky View Post
    I use a G3 Polyform boat fender, which is good for about 12 lbs of flotation. Tie a short line to both ends of the fender, then tie your longer main line to the center of the short line so the fish will have to pull the fender sideways. This arrangement creates a lot more drag, which is what really slows the fish down. You won't need 20' of floating line, less is more. I use about 12', and keep as much as I can wrapped around the fender to keep the deck of my kayak organized.
    That's a really good idea about making it pull sideways. Probably stores easier than a round A0 buy too. I keep my line as short as I can. More rope is just more stuff to get wrapped around your gear above or below the kayak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
    That's a really good idea about making it pull sideways. Probably stores easier than a round A0 buy too. I keep my line as short as I can. More rope is just more stuff to get wrapped around your gear above or below the kayak.
    The G3 is a perfect interference fit across the width of the tank well in the Revo16, tucked nicely under the sidekick cross bar, behind the seat. It really couldn't fit any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12