Thread: 270wsm Ammo?

Default 270wsm Ammo?

Just picked up a new 270wsm for this years sheep hunt and need to find some factory ammo for it. All I've really ever shot was Remington Core-Lokt or Winchester soft points so I'm really not familiar with how the other bullet styles perform. Are there any bullet styles I should stay away from for sheep or larger game? I'm leaning towards 150gr and have found the following:

Remington AccuTip Boat Tail 150gr
    Winchester XP3 150gr
    Federal Nosler Partition 150gr
    Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 150gr

In 140gr these is Fail Safe, Nosler AccuBond, Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, TSX.

With the price of ammo I would like to narrow things down to 3 or 4 loads before I start shooting for groups.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    Just picked up a new 270wsm for this years sheep hunt and need to find some factory ammo for it. All I've really ever shot was Remington Core-Lokt or Winchester soft points so I'm really not familiar with how the other bullet styles perform. Are there any bullet styles I should stay away from for sheep or larger game? I'm leaning towards 150gr and have found the following:

Remington AccuTip Boat Tail 150gr
    Winchester XP3 150gr
    Federal Nosler Partition 150gr
    Winchester Ballistic Silvertip 150gr

In 140gr these is Fail Safe, Nosler AccuBond, Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, TSX.

With the price of ammo I would like to narrow things down to 3 or 4 loads before I start shooting for groups.

Thanks
    since you said larger game and not just sheep, do not use the Accutip or Ballistic tip. The Fail safe, Accubond, TBBC, XP3, Par are ok.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS