Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trail cam caught a guy and his dog walking through

Default Trail cam caught a guy and his dog walking through

my bait station...not sure how to react, would you consider that interfering with your hunt....anybody have any comments they would be appreciated.

Default Trail cam caught a guy and his dog walking through

I don't know the answer to your question, but it seems there would be a lot of room for discretion on the part of the judge or officer. You may be able to find some precedent for that in the public record.

On a personal note I think it's a pretty crappy thing to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walking through as in he was walking on public land stumbled on your bait station and walked through the area without stopping?
    Or did he mess with or touch your stuff? Did he linger around for awhile?
    Walking through and continued on I wouldn't worry about.
    If he messed with your stuff or let his dog pee everywhere then maybe try and find out what's going on and take it further.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Walking through as in he was walking on public land stumbled on your bait station and walked through the area without stopping?
    Or did he mess with or touch your stuff? Did he linger around for awhile?
    Walking through and continued on I wouldn't worry about.
    If he messed with your stuff or let his dog pee everywhere then maybe try and find out what's going on and take it further.
    Well it was public land and he didn't linger just walked through...I guess I should just shrug it off...

Unless your name is on the deed, or he peed in your bait barrel, I'd get over it. Perhaps he either stumbled upon it, or saw it at a distance and was curious.....if a guy can walk a dog to it, you can't be so far out that you wouldn't expect some company at some point.

I would shrug it off. I doubt he was hunting bears with his dog. There are so many game violations that somebody walking past is pretty minor. Hope he doesn't mess with your bait.

Also, there are so many baits in some areas, it's about impossible to get somewhere without passing close to stations. I see signs posted on major through trails all the time. Try hiking along a waterway or ridge and following some game trails near a road.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriver View Post
    Well it was public land and he didn't linger just walked through...I guess I should just shrug it off...
    yep...I think you answered your question...

Just curious, are bait stations marked? If they are marked all the way, then I would be a little pissed, but if not marked but at the road, then not as bad.

This is literally a recycled thread.

I thought this follow up from last year.

Sorry this horrible thing happened to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post

Not sure why you bothered to post...It certainly wasn't a horrible thing, it's the first time it happened to me in 4 years of baiting and I wasn't on the forum last year. My bait site is in an area where there is only one other hunter and he is 1 mile from me. Just looking for a general consensus among fellow baiters.

Very few are marked, my experience is less than 5% are marked with clear warnings. I think this is a litigation just waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Just curious, are bait stations marked?

Mine wasn't marked....its not off any trail...If I saw another hunters station I sure wouldn't walk through the middle of it..I would either back away or skirt it...Hey thanks for all the replies, they help me get a perspective on it...

Aren't bait stations supposed to be marked? With a sign of some sort, letting someone know it's there?
    "Grin and Bear It"

Yes they do...and I have a sign up, but seein how there's another 359 degrees that a person can approach from I would have to encircle the area with yellow barrier tape...

Quote Originally Posted by mike h View Post

flippin hilarious, rep points in bound.

I can just picture the horrific scene, as the hunter looked at his trail camera, he saw a human. He immediately fell to the ground, unable to move (Beethoven"s moonlight sonata playing in the background). As he mustered the strength to walk 10 ft back to his truck, he notice somebody had stole the smoke stacks off his cummins turbo-diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneriver View Post
    Yes they do...and I have a sign up, but seein how there's another 359 degrees that a person can approach from I would have to encircle the area with yellow barrier tape...
    My mistake...thought you said "Mine wasn't marked"...
    "Grin and Bear It"

Really? You're kidding me. "I was doing a LEGAL thing on PUBLIC land, and some other member of the PUBLIC came by doing another LEGAL thing and I caught him on my camera"
    Am I missing something here? Get over it. Coexist....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Most are marked with a copy of the permit. Not all are marked with a copy of the permit. Some have "ONE" warning sign. Most have no warning sign. I think it is funny that bear baiters think they are all alone in some isolated area when they set-up the station. Then for months we hear about dozens of other stations to close, people walking their doggie through their carefully hidden extremely remote site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    My mistake...thought you said "Mine wasn't marked"...

I did "get over it" 15 posts back...now I just have to "get over" this Thread!

Good one Oneriver.!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast