Thread: considering a new mud motor and platform

Default considering a new mud motor and platform

https://www.beaverdammudrunners.com/...it___5HP___7HP

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8383_200638383

Click on the above. Beaver Dam offers a nice lightweight platform for a mud motor, including 2 props, etc for $400 plus shipping. I'm considering buy one of these, and then from northern power buying their 7 hp aluminum motor, weights like 48 with elect start on sale at $149. most important to me is light weight and reliability. motor has 2 yr warranty, so they must expect them to hold together for a while. seems like a nice, inexpensive package for my DL boat, transom broke on it last season, part due to heavy mud motor i was using (will be for sale soon). what do you guys think? (yes, of course i know shipping will add to the price)
    Wasilla

Bud, I would be interested to see the quality of the frame. I would really like to put a Copperhead on the boat Im getting from Dave for next season but **** they are spendy and the shipping...... I already have an extra 13hp Honda so this could be a good match. Give us a good review if you pull the trigger.

If it was me, I would spend a little more money and get the kit from Backwater.

i went ahead and got the frame longtail setup from beaverdam and the 7hp motor, elect start from northern tool. couple little snags but all together and working fine, havn't had in the water yet, welcome to show to anybody interested
    Wasilla