Thread: Yamaha is making only the 700 atv for 2016

Default Yamaha is making only the 700 atv for 2016

Ok got the news today Yamaha is only making a 700 ATV all the 450 500 and 350 are gone!!!!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Well the 500 was the same machine, and my 450 doesnt have much power or size to it for towing anything, probably a good call on there part. Focus all of your engineering into one machine to lower the cost and be more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by fishhook57 View Post
    Well the 500 was the same machine, and my 450 doesnt have much power or size to it for towing anything, probably a good call on there part. Focus all of your engineering into one machine to lower the cost and be more reliable.
    But sucks when you buy 15 smaller bikes for people that have never ridden before. No way would I put a novice on a 700 that's just suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    But sucks when you buy 15 smaller bikes for people that have never ridden before. No way would I put a novice on a 700 that's just suicide
    I certainly agree that a Grizz 700 is too much for a novice, and I have not looked at the throttle adjustment- but I was of the understanding that there is a way to set it to limit it. I do understand it wouldn't keep them from fast starts- but at least limit the top end. I love my 550 but would get a 700 if I was buying another (just for pulling power).

Quote Originally Posted by AKBEE View Post
    I certainly agree that a Grizz 700 is too much for a novice, and I have not looked at the throttle adjustment- but I was of the understanding that there is a way to set it to limit it. I do understand it wouldn't keep them from fast starts- but at least limit the top end. I love my 550 but would get a 700 if I was buying another (just for pulling power).
    They are fuel injected there is no throttle screw like on the 350 and 450's The 700 basic model is going to be about $6300

2016 Kodiak is the basic model, 2016 Grizzly has the higher end equipment and 26" tires. It's a new 708cc engine in both models

Quote Originally Posted by MORSNO View Post
    2016 Kodiak is the basic model, 2016 Grizzly has the higher end equipment and 26" tires. It's a new 708cc engine in both models
    Please tell us more.....
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    They are fuel injected there is no throttle screw like on the 350 and 450's The 700 basic model is going to be about $6300
    Let me take that back By the looks at the new photos on the Yamaha web site there is a throttle stop screw

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    Please tell us more.....
    From Yamaha:
    https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/ou...es/utility-atv

ATV.Com:
    http://www.atv.com/manufacturers/yam...view-2421.html

That is sad. The 450 was the perfect machine. Easy backup recoil start, but still with power steering.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    That is sad. The 450 was the perfect machine. Easy backup recoil start, but still with power steering.
    Something else that Yamaha is doing wrong is their UTV size relating to Alaska trails. While there were a few accidents where the Rhino was involved, that size UTV is just about perfect for riding ATV trails. The new machines are just too wide (a little over 60"), heavy (nearly 1,500 pounds), and expensive ($14-15K).

I can see these new machines on nice open trails and high-speed riding, but not for riding to the campsite on the average trail.

u guys should have just gotten the king.....quad.....and just let the newbies ride an learn.......
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    There's always the 500 honda rubicon. With pull start, power steering, independent rear suspension, and all wheel lock in 4 wheel drive.
    Oh, and no belts to mess with.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!