Thread: Anyone Looking for 1-lb of RL-17?

Red face Anyone Looking for 1-lb of RL-17?

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new reloader and pulled my first "doh!" moment at the store. Meant to grab RL-15 and accidentally ended up with RL-17.
    From what I'm reading, RL-17 doesn't seem overly popular for the 308 Win and I thought before I even tried working up some loads I'd just ask and see if anyone is interested in it. I paid $31.99 for it at Cabelas and was hoping it get something close to that (maybe $30, or trade for RL-15?). I'm in Anchorage.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested, or any loads for the 308 with it that you know!

Thanks,
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_JR View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a relatively new reloader and pulled my first "doh!" moment at the store. Meant to grab RL-15 and accidentally ended up with RL-17.
    From what I'm reading, RL-17 doesn't seem overly popular for the 308 Win and I thought before I even tried working up some loads I'd just ask and see if anyone is interested in it. I paid $31.99 for it at Cabelas and was hoping it get something close to that (maybe $30, or trade for RL-15?). I'm in Anchorage.

Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested, or any loads for the 308 with it that you know!

Thanks,
    Steven
    Some are getting nice velocities using RL17 using heavy bullets.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...r-Load-Results

Thanks for the link, it was a good read! I might have to try some 200gr Partitions if I end up keeping the RL-17.