Thread: Talkeetna area

Default Talkeetna area

Me and the family are going to talkeetna for the weekend. I don't know the area at all but we want to get on some fish. Can someone suggest a few locals of were to go. Maybe even to kayak and canoe to fish. Thanks!

There are quite a few lakes in the area. Check the ADF&G website for a complete listing.

I'll be in the area as well this weekend.... anyone have any insight on finding some rainbow fishing? I'm not looking for lunkers or fish of great size, just a nice wadeable stream to swing leaches after a moderate hike in.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoopersteelie View Post
    I'll be in the area as well this weekend.... anyone have any insight on finding some rainbow fishing? I'm not looking for lunkers or fish of great size, just a nice wadeable stream to swing leaches after a moderate hike in.
    Had a buddy fish Troublesome Creek last weekend. He caught some bows swinging epoxy fry.

*minor hijack* Yoopersteelie, where are you from? I'm also native to the Yooperland.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

X-Y lake are perfect for canoe fishing and away from the crowds.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Had a buddy fish Troublesome Creek last weekend. He caught some bows swinging epoxy fry.

*minor hijack* Yoopersteelie, where are you from? I'm also native to the Yooperland.

I obviously don't post much on here but I guess I set up this profile about 10 years ago when moving to AK for good. Spent several years enjoying the town of Marquette itself along with Lake Superior and its flowing waters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoopersteelie View Post
    I obviously don't post much on here but I guess I set up this profile about 10 years ago when moving to AK for good. Spent several years enjoying the town of Marquette itself along with Lake Superior and its flowing waters as well.
    Marquette is a cool town, I lived there from 2000-2003 with summers in the Huron Mountains. Grew up just a little west of that area in a small town.

*hijack over*
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Thanks for all the help we didn't catch anything and hardly got to fish due to tons of rain but still had a blast!