Thread: Best Deep Creek Trailer Set Up

Default Best Deep Creek Trailer Set Up

OK, I have purchased my new boat trailer since finding out it wasnít the correct capacity for my boat (I bought the boat/trailer package new from the local dealer but I wonít get into that!)

Before I put it into use I want to get the trailer bunks correct and sturdy for launching at Deep Creek Tractor Launch which I have done at least 70 times with the old trailer. The problem is the adjustable bunk would always rotate on the 2 by side of the 2 by 6 (old trailer with 4 bunks). I have tightened them down while adjusted correct and it still happens. Itís frustrating to have a boat on the trailer not right.

On the new trailer with 2 main bunks it has heavy duty brackets that are adjustable as well with 2 2x6ís sandwiched together and I fear that I will have the same problem again.

Anyone have any good ideas how to keep this from happening? I'm considering adding a vertical bunk brackets and beveling the bunks to conform to the boat bottom angle.Thoughts on that?

Here is the vertical bunk bracket:vertical bracket.jpg

Thanks and opinions welcome

Ryan
    Ryan
    Kingfisher 2525 Honda 225 & 20

At minimum I would try and fill in the gap below the bunk. I have also seem people talk about doubling up those supports. Depending on how much trouble you want to go to I am sure you could find a fabricator somewhere who could build you way better brackets... AKMud on here could probably handle it and that would solve all your issues. If you have launched in Deep Creek that many times you have seen the toll it takes on a trailer. I know my Dad has 100's of launches and much of his bunks, side boards and stuff are all re done by a local welder. As a matter of fact if you can find the old owner of the launch (Johnny) he did lots of work on my Dad's trailer.

By the way, nice choice on a boat, I have a 2825 and live ER as well.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Charterboat Operator

Default dont forget a larger bow catch.

DSC02493.jpgDSC02495.jpg
    here is a pic of mine without the boat on it, has been very reliable and many years without any problems (so far)
    once you get the bunks figured out, be sure and get rid of your bow roller and put some type of catch/push plate in its replacement.
    this not only helps catch the boat when landing, but is very usefull in pushing out going off the tractor.
    just some food for thought.
    PB

Thanks for the replies JR2 and Polebender.
    Ryan

Default Deep Creek Trailer Setups

2.jpg1.jpg

I was down to Deep Creek launch and I thought I would share some of setups I liked. I really like the King trailer HD bunk bracket but they are $$$. More pictures to follow
    Ryan

4.jpg3.jpg More Pictures
    Ryan