https://youtu.be/bY2nrNiv71w

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Cool stuff. Catching a giant bluefin is on my bucket list...swimming with them, not so much.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Gr8 video! Nice to see such large fish. Alive.

But I highly doubt the first video is anywhere near PEI (Prince Edward Island). The water in the North Atlantic, even in the summer is likely in the high 40's. Anyone swimming in water that cold would never be able to move that quickly for that long. Plus they would be "beet red" from the cold water. And that dude without a PFD would stiffen up and sink like a rock. It's probably the Gulf of Mexico where the water is closer to 70F, since tuna spawn in the GoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohoangler View Post
    Gr8 video! Nice to see such large fish. Alive.

But I highly doubt the first video is anywhere near PEI (Prince Edward Island). The water in the North Atlantic, even in the summer is likely in the high 40's. Anyone swimming in water that cold would never be able to move that quickly for that long. Plus they would be "beet red" from the cold water. And that dude without a PFD would stiffen up and sink like a rock. It's probably the Gulf of Mexico where the water is closer to 70F, since tuna spawn in the GoM.
    just look up the charter boat that made the video !!!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    just look up the charter boat that made the video !!!
    Yeah the charter boat on the website has the little tiny rub-rails, same as in the videos. Not to say they didn't take a joy ride 1000 miles south to the tropics. The dude with no lifejacket looks pretty cold, he's only in for a few seconds - and farmers tans on all of them suggests northern latitudes!

GoM or N.Atlantic certainly would be a sight to see. I could barely boat a relatively small tuna on my flyrod, would love to try some more serious tackle on one of those big fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by hoonahtic View Post
    Yeah the charter boat on the website has the little tiny rub-rails, same as in the videos. Not to say they didn't take a joy ride 1000 miles south to the tropics. The dude with no lifejacket looks pretty cold, he's only in for a few seconds - and farmers tans on all of them suggests northern latitudes!

GoM or N.Atlantic certainly would be a sight to see. I could barely boat a relatively small tuna on my flyrod, would love to try some more serious tackle on one of those big fellas!
    more than a 1000 miles to the gulf of mexico !! and they don't have fresh herring down there to feed to the giants.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692