Thread: Fairbanks area first week in July

Default Fairbanks area first week in July

My 15 year old daughter and I will be spending the first week of July in the interior and north, flying in and out of Fairbanks. We will be headed both south to the Denali area and north at least as far as the Arctic Circle. Beyond those two details our plan is very open.

While wildlife viewing is a top priority, we (well, I) hope to get at least a little fishing in as well.

Any guidance as to what and where of both the fishing and other activities would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, we are renting and SUV and will be camping most the trip if that affects recommendations.

What is it you are looking to catch? I know a decent grayling spot, it's all catch and release but the grayling are good sized and youll find peace and quiet there. Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    What is it you are looking to catch? I know a decent grayling spot, it's all catch and release but the grayling are good sized and youll find peace and quiet there. Send me a PM.
    Shall do, thanks.

Assuming your rental is allowed on gravel roads.... you can't beat the scenery on the Denali highway. Some great fishing too!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

If your priority if wildlife viewing you will want to spend some good time in the actual Denali National Park (on their tour busses). Sadly the fishing around that area is a bit weak (in my experience maybe someone can speak up about areas I have not been to). In/near fairbanks the fishing gets better I would think Chena Hot Springs Road would be a great place for you to both do some fishing as well as see some wildlife and you'll probably enjoy viisiting the hot springs facility itself at the end of that road.