Thread: Squirrel Creek state rec site

Default Squirrel Creek state rec site

Has anyone ever stayed here? It is close to the Edgerton Highway with the Tonsina River on a side. Reviews if anyone has any I would appreciate it. Thinking of going in July.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AkReaper View Post
    Has anyone ever stayed here? It is close to the Edgerton Highway with the Tonsina River on a side. Reviews if anyone has any I would appreciate it. Thinking of going in July.

Thanks
    I've stayed there a couple of times... pretty typical as State Rec. sites go. Virtually no one there either time. There is a system of ponds at the bottom of the hill that my dog thinks is the best thing ever.

Nice spot.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Thanks for the reply. We haven't stayed at any rec sites yet so this will be our first!

We haven't camped there, but stopped for lunch there a couple times coming home from Valdez. nice little spot and , no one else around while we were there.

Quote Originally Posted by AkReaper View Post

Thanks
    It's a nice campground. I've stayed there quite a bit over the the last several years. It seems to get lots of campers in the evening. So get there in the afternoon if you can. The Tonsina lodge serves pretty good food too.